1037 Sterling Road
Herndon, VA 20170-3839
Office: (703) 318-8487
Fax: (703) 318-9204
In 1888, a group of nineteen machinists at the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad assembled in a locomotive pit to decide what to do about a wage cut. They voted to form a union. It was the beginning of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
Capital Airlines Douglas DC-3 at Washington National Airport
Originally named PennCenAir 1759 and chartered in Washington, D.C., Capital Air Lodge 1759 began as an airline local on March 7, 1946. Pennsylvania Central Airlines (PCA) was an original tenant operating out of Washington National Airport (DCA) and in 1941 based its headquarters there. By 1947, PCA's route structure no longer reflected its name and the airline adopted new colors and renamed itself Capital Airlines. In March, 1951, PennCenAir 1759 renamed itself Capital Air Lodge 1759. Capital Airlines merged with United Airlines in July, 1961, but our name remained unchanged as a tribute to the proud airline workers from Capital. Our charter location moved to Alexandria, Virginia on July 7, 1977. Capital Air Lodge 1759 offices are presently located at 1037 Sterling Road, suites 103 and 104 in Herndon, Virginia.
President - Rich
Vice President - Rob Gilchrist
Recording Secretary - Barb Martin
Secretary-Treasurer - John Grandestaff
Conductor/Sentinel - Lynne Strunk
Trustee - Lulu Torres
Trustee - Herb Jeffries
Trustee - Tim Plevniak
Communicator - Al Abromitis
Educator - Rich Pascarella
Building Committee - Billy Hoover
District 141United Airlines
District 142 US Airways
Chair, Maintenance, DCA - TBA
* TBA - to be announced
Chartered 1946 - Washington, D.C.